Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh my goodness, you guys... Has it been forever or what?? I'm so sorry! It's all Russ' fault! ha ha ha! Just kidding! Our computer has been way lame lately and won't upload any of our pictures from our camera, and who wants to read a post without pictures? I don't! I have a few from September and October, but after that... well, you'll just have to wait. :)

OK, so this is kind of going to be a throwup post from the last 5 months or so... Ok! Here goes!

I got a new job, as most of you know, back in September at a physical therapy office in Lindon and I really like it! I don't have to sit down at a desk for 8 hours a day, which is absolutely perfect, and I get to interact with a ton of different people on a daily basis, which is a blast! I've really enjoyed working there and it's been good for me to do something other than nanny. That was a fun job, as well, but it was time to go. Russ is still really enjoying his job at The Red-X, as well. He's been doing AWESOME these last few weeks and the larger paychecks have been SO nice! He works hard and I appreciate it so much. He's working fulltime PLUS going to school... He really is Superman! :)

Ok, so Halloween was fun! We went up to Brittany and Tyler's and had a blast carving some pretty interesting pumpkins! I've gotta say that Brittany's was DEFINITELY the funniest pumpkin I've ever seen! Hers is the goofy looking one on the far left. We also went to our ward Halloween party and it was actually really fun! The Activities Committee in our ward did a fabulous job and I must say that my chili/taco soup was the best one there! :) (Or so I like to think, anyway!)

Then we went to a Dashboard, Panic At the Disco and Plain White Tees concert and it was so fun!












And then it was Thanksgiving, which we spent in WA with my family. It was the first time in 4 years, since my parents' divorce, that my dad has had all 7 of us kids with him for a holiday, so it was pretty awesome for everyone. :) We drove up there and back, which was SO MUCH FUN! Ok... no it wasn't, but it was better than paying for flights for 8 people, so we got over it. I have a ton of fun pictures, but our computer still isn't working with our camera, so I'll have to post those as soon as I can.

Christmas was spent in CA with Russ' family and we had a lot of fun. It was surprisingly really relaxing with all of the people in the house, so that was good. :) Robin, Russ' mom, always makes everything beautiful, so Christmas was really nice. We got a ton of presents, our favorite family one being our Food Saver! We LOVE it! I've been stressing about food storage a lot lately, so I was way excited when we opened that. Russ got me a ton of clothes (that I picked out!) and a pair of really cute brown boots (again, that I picked out!), so that was fun! I got him a baseball glove since he lost his a couple of years ago, and I swear it was like watching a little boy with his first glove! It was so cute! He wouldn't stop playing with it, so I was glad that I got him something that he really liked. And, of course, we got money from Meme and Grammy that was very appreciated! Money's always nice. :)

New Year's was a blur... we were busy moving into our new condo in Springville between Christmas break and New Year's, which wasn't the most fun thing in the world, especially since it had been snowing/was snowing. But it's over now and we like our new place. Our new ward is great and we've really enjoyed it! We've already made some great new friends and are looking forward to making more! We (mostly me) miss Wymount, mostly the people, but are glad we're here. And we live right off the freeway, so no more Utah lights and traffic and all of the crowdedness (yes, that's a word... in my dictionary, anyway!).

All in all, it's been a great couple of months and we're looking forward to the rest of the year. Russ keeps telling me that it's going to be a great year for us, so I'm excited to see what it has in store for us. I just can't believe we're already in March pretty much! Craziness! This year is going to fly by!

Again, sorry I don't have any pictures... I'm working on it, so stay posted for those! And I promise I'll post more often! Jeeze, Kelsie! ha ha ha! We love you all and hope you're all doing great, as well!

Love, The Schafer's

7 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY!!! ;) glad you posted because I think we keep missing eachother, oh and i had no idea you went to panic, dashboard and plain white t's... i'm a little jealous! lol, anyway thanks for posting!

Melanee said...

It's so nice to hear from you! It's been a while. I hope all is well and continues to go well.

Alisa said...

Brie! I am glad you posted! I have been checking back every once in a while to see what you are up to! You look beautiful in all your pictures! Congrats on the new job and new condo-even if it was a while ago :)

smeltzer family said...

I'm so happy you posted. I was wondering if you forgot how to blog :)

Robin said...

We love you Brie. I know all about computers and cameras not cooperating. It was fun to get the last 5 months in one post. I really enjoy how upbeat you two are. You always put me in such a great mood. Sending love from all the Halls!

Tricia and Michael said...

Russ and Brie,

What are you guys up to?!? Hope things are going good for you guys! Trish and I are down here in San Antonio living it up. What are you up to these days?

Tricia and Michael said...

Hey! I'll comment too. . . we moved to Texas about a year ago. Michael is working in the FM dept for the church and I work 2 PT jobs (at a quilt shop and at home doing online work for a costume company)
We too are thinking of buying a home this year {that $8000 sounds too good to pass up}, as well as working on the child dept.
It was good to hear from you and we'll have to keep in touch through the wonderful world of blogging :) -later!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06