This story was too cute to not write down. I'm not very big on writing in a journal, so this is the closest I get.
Since finding out we are going to be parents, we've obviously been very excited about getting ready for the baby. I've been endlessly searching magazines and the web to find the perfect crib, stroller, playpen, etc. Russ, for the most part, has let me do this on my own, with grunts and mm-hmm's every once in a while whenever I ask him if he likes what I've "picked" out. Well, this last Saturday we had about an hour before the Salt Lake Bee's baseball game, so I said it might be fun to go to Toys R Us to go look at baby things and just go have fun looking around. Little did I know that he would enjoy it SO MUCH MORE THAN I WOULD!! It was HILARIOUS watching and listening to him with the wide eyes and all of the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" and "remember this?" and "we're so getting this for the baby!". I have to admit that I was really surprised, but more so impressed! This is the same guy that says, "You can decorate the house however you want. I know you'll make the house beautiful without my help."???
So then again today I asked him if he wanted to go to Babies R Us to go look at cribs (we still haven't seen any in person), and told him that we could go somewhere manly to balance it out.... he replied, "Sure! That would be fun! And we don't need to go anywhere manly. Being a dad is about as manly as you can get." HOW CUTE IS THAT??? It was so sweet I almost cried!
I don't mean to embarrass Russ, but I HAD to share this story! I really am the luckiest, happiest wife EVER! He's been such an amazing husband and I always knew he'd be an amazing dad, but I have been so thankful that he's been so great about being a dad way before the baby gets here. Having him enjoy all of this preparation makes ME enjoy it so much more! I love you, Russ!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06



3 comments:
oh thats funny! i love the "remember this?!" part. haha, toys are us still has some pretty classic toys :)
Have you heard of babysteals.com? It's an awesome website= everyday there is something new posted at 9am for great discount price(for mom and baby)
how about diapers.com they will deliever everything to ur front door. pluss they have almost everything.
Post a Comment