Friday, August 7, 2009

Ok, so more of the story... We didn't find out until the Thursday before Father's Day, which was perfect because his family came into town that night and I was able to tell Russ by himself before the rest of the family showed up. And it was so perfect and fitting that it was just before Father's Day! I was so excited that I went to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of cute baby things: a binky, a bottle, a multi-gender baby outfit, some toys, and a diaper which I had left over from babysitting my cousin's kids. :) I also got him a pair of sporty sunglasses because he has a hard time keeping any pair of sunglasses I buy him. ha ha! Anyway, I put it all in a bag with a Father's Day card to a soon-to-be dad and wrote his a sweet, funny letter telling him how much I loved and appreciated him, as well as how excited I am for him to one day be a dad. Each paragraph had something to do with each baby item and as he would read it, I would pull whatever it was out of the bag for him. Needless to say he caught on pretty quickly, but I still made him read through the whole letter and at the very end I told him that he was going to be the BEST dad... in 8 and a half months. :) He teared up, I teared up and it was just a really tender moment for both of us. He really is going to be a GREAT daddy! Here are some pictures of that day:

The Gift Bag

Russ reading the card... hasn't caught on yet! :)

The cute baby things :)

Our exciting moment!!!

Alright, let's skip ahead a little to my 6 week mark. Since I had a molar pregnancy last year (a rare form of pregnancy that doesn't quite make a baby... it's a lengthy explanation so if you want you can look it up) I had to be monitored pretty much from day 1. I went in two weeks earlier than most to my first doctor's visit and had my first ultrasound that actually showed something on the screen! YAY!!

Yay for my little dot!

Yeah, yeah... daddy can see you. Don't worry. :)

The Happy Family

I've had two more ultrasounds and I have the pictures, so I'll post those as soon as I can scan then in. It's so amazing that they grow so fast! It started out as a speck and now it's so big! I can't wait until I can stop referring to the baby as an "it" and start saying "he" or "she"! We'll have to wait about two more months for that, though, so I'll definitely keep everyone posted! It's so much better to actually have something to post rather than how the weekend was or another night sitting at home while Russ finishes his homework/class two weeks before it ends because he's a huge procrastinator. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm 11 weeks today! Time's already flown by, so February will be just around the corner!

9 comments:

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

How cute are you!?! Again, you made me cry! I love you so much and am So THRILLED for you and Russ. :) He will make a great daddy and you will be such a fantastic mom! :)

Emily said...

Hi Bri! Congrats on your pregnancy! I saw the link through facebook. I hope you and Russ are doing well. Max was born in February, it was a good month to have a baby!

Annie said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! You're positively adorable. I'm so excited for you three!

Tiffany said...

Yay!!! Congrats you guys! I was so happy to hear about your exciting news. You are going to be such cute parents. Enjoy the time flying now cause if your pregnancy really does fly by to the end you will be the first person I've ever heard of that happening to. Congrats again and for sure keep posting!

Hailey said...

We just found your blog address while we were on facebook. CONGRATS on being pregnant, we couldn't be more excited for you! Can't wait to get back in town and share our pregnancy stories. I'm glad you haven't been sick, I never get sick either. Definitely a blessing.
Congrats again! Can't wait to see you guys.

Dan said...

Congrats you guys! I know everybody says this but you really are going to be the cutest Mommy. Hope all is well...Lots of Love from California, Dan and Kham

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting to hear! I bet you two are so anxious to get that little one here!! Lets get together when I get back.

Emily said...

Hey Brie, I saw your comment on my blog from forever ago just today, YES we are in Irvine, Ca, just right next to Newport Beach, while Jared gets his PhD. I'm loving it here but I miss my friends in Wymount too! Hope all is going well! You'll have to post when you find out what you're having!

Unknown said...

YES YES YES!!! Hurrah Brie and Russ! We are so crazy excited for you! You two will make such wonderful parents! Babies are such a joy! Congrats!

-Alene (Sorry, logged in under my husbands account)

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06