Monday, March 22, 2010

1 Month Old


I can't believe my baby is already a month old today! Time has REALLY flown by! Now I know what other moms mean when they say that kids grow up so fast because they totally do! And he's getting so big! I'm anxious to see how much weight he's gained and how much he's grown at our next appointment next month... I love that he's getting older and bigger, but at the same time it makes me sad thinking that he won't be a baby for much longer, especially at this rate!

Milestones so far:

1)He definitely knows when mom's around by smell and most definitely by voice. It's so fun watching his head turn when I walk into a room or when I sneak up on him when someone else is holding him. It makes me feel really special. :)

2) He's started seeing things a little farther away now, which is fun. Whenever we put him in his swing or crib, it's fun watching his eyes get big as he's looking at the decorations on his bumper and at the little rotating animals that are above his swing.

3) He's recently started cooing... It is the cutest thing in the world! He has such a small voice to begin with (his cry sounds like a kittens!), but his cooing is so soft and sweet... I LOVE IT!

4) He's started holding my hand when I nurse him, which I absolutely love. The whole nursing-bonding experience is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We fall more and more in love with him every day and it's so fun watching him grow and start to have a personality. He's still a very mellow baby, which we love, and he's started staying awake a little more during the day, so it's fun to play with him and get him to ALMOST smile. He's SO CLOSE to smiling, you can tell, but he just can't quite get there! He laughs and smiles EVERY TIME he's falling asleep, so we can't wait for him to do those things while he's AWAKE.

He's such a great baby and is making being a mom so fulfilling. I just love him. :)

5 comments:

Robin said...

He's looking so good- I loved reading about all the things he's already figured out how to do. You'll love that first smile:) I'm glad you guys are doing good. Hang in there- more sleep is on the way:)

Unknown said...

He is getting big! I can't believe how much your loving the mom role :) Thats a good thing!
Well I'll call you today because i'm a super big loser and didn't get back to you last night... sorry :(

Melanee said...

What a cutie! I didn't even know he had shown up yet. I guess I could have put the math together, but I'm brain dead. I can't believe you have a one month old! Aren't they fun. Cormac just turned 5 months. Every day is just so exciting. I hope you are having so much fun. I hope you are all recovered. It took me a good 4 months to feel better. I hope yours goes quicker. Congratulations!

JTYARDLEY said...

He is so cute!

Joseph & Khia Blackner said...

You have a beautiful baby!!! It looks like things are going great! I can't believe your labor was that...easy (can I say that?). I hope mine goes that well. And he's growing so fast. So fun! I can't wait!!!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06