Saturday, May 15, 2010

So Grown Up!

I bought a play mat for Rusty the other day, not knowing if it was "age appropriate" yet, but I was amazed to see that at 2 1/2 months that he was completely mesmerized by it!

At first he wasn't able to do anything but smile and giggle at the toys on the top (especially the one that made music when you pulled on)...


 


...And then he discovered that he could hit the toys and pull on the rings...



He really just loves this and can be entertained by it for HOURS! It's so funny listening to him laugh at it, even if he's not touching anything... I've caught him a couple of times just looking at the main big toy and laughing! ha ha! Silly guy. :)



Watching him develop and grow is one of the most fascinating and satisfying things in my life. The nine months it took to get him here were MORE than worth it. Being his mom is so rewarding and I look forward to his next milestones!! What a brilliant baby!! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is very grown up! I can't wait to take some pics :) See you in... well a week.

Anonymous said...

I love his big smile and all you see is gums! So cute. My favorite is that he would simply look at the big toy and laugh.

mattnalisa said...

he is so cute! baby's are so fun! i love being a mom and thinking my child is the cutest & smartest baby in the whole world (knowing full well all mom's think that!) can't wait for you guys to come visit! Brycen is going to love your "Bee-Bee!"

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

I was inspired by your post and decided to try out our playmat but Juliette just layed there and stared. I wasn't sure if she was scared or just confused. Then after about 30 seconds she started fussing. Rusty must be really smart to have been able to pull the things and laugh at them only at 2 1/2 months!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06