Tuesday, May 11, 2010

St. George Weekend

This last weekend we took a much needed mini-vacation to St. George and we had a blast! It was fun AND relaxing! I just wish we could do more of these mini-trips, but the fact that they're few and far between makes me appreciate and enjoy them even more.

We were there for two main reasons: 1) To get away and spend time together, and 2) look at condos to potentially buy one for a vacation spot/ investment property. Saturday morning we woke up and laid around our hotel for a while, and then we went SWIMMING! The weather was SO nice down there (unlike up here in Springville/Provo) and it was Rusty's first time to get in a pool. It was so fun! And he looked darn cute in his swim suit!

These pictures were taken with my phone, which is why they're really fuzzy. Oh well.

In between swimming, shopping, resting, and home-viewing, we also went to downtown St. George to visit some of the historic houses and the temple.

The St. George temple is GORGEOUS and it's one of our favorites. It has so much history and it's beautiful on the outside AND the inside. We love visiting this temple.

We also visited the tabernacle, which was also beautiful.


And last, but not least, we visited Brigham Young's Winter Home. It was such a cute house and it was amazing how much of his original furniture they were able to preserve. You'll notice that his house has green trim... apparently when they were building the temple they ordered white paint. Well, when they got the paint, it was green! Brigham Young obviously didn't want green paint in the temple, so he let anyone that wanted some green paint that it was free for the taking! Needless to say, there's quite a few houses with green trim to this day. :)


Rusty did AWESOME on this trip! He never cried on the long tip there or back, which was amazing, and he was such a good sport about driving around town looking at real estate. At the beginning of the trip he was mostly awake and alert and fun to dress up:

... But towards the end of the trip, he was more like this:

He continues to be such a joy to have in our family and it's hard to remember what it was like without him! Even though our trips with him aren't romantic and intimate, they're just so fun and entertaining! He makes us laugh constantly and he amazes us every day with how much he's growing and learning. We just love him! Here are a few random pictures that I thought I'd sneak in:

I HAD to include this picture!! We died laughing when we saw the outcome... what a silly, little man!
He couldn't see me, so he got sad. :(
*sigh* I just love him!!!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh those cheeks are just asking for kisses 24/7 I'm sure. LOVE them!!!! Glad it was such a fun trip. I can't believe how much Rusty has already changed since we saw him last.

Alene said...

Oh goodness! What a cutie! I love that shot in the restaurant with Rus. What a classic face! I'm so glad you caught that on film!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06