This past week Rusty and I went with the Mills' to Powell (I used to nanny for them). We had a BLAST!! It was bitter sweet leaving... we missed Russ (he had to stay behind for work), but we really didn't want to leave, either. The Mills' semi-own a houseboat down there, so for a whole week it was fun in the sun posh style. :) The weather was awesome- an average of 92 degrees- and we were able to sun bathe, wake board, cliff jump, inter-tube, sight-see on the speed boat, more sun bathing and wake boarding, eat, sleep, and just PLAY!
Wake boarding was by far the funnest thing I did this week... I wish I could do this EVERY DAY!
One of our friends that went thought he would be funny and shocked us by coming out of the water like this:
...and then tried for the next two minutes to do this:
Needless to say it was HILARIOUS and his wife just rolled her eyes. He's seriously one of the funniest people I know. :)
We went on a couple of boat rides and Rusty did SO WELL! What a champ! I thought he'd be a little freaked out by all of the bumps and noises, but he LOVED it! I loved taking pictures of him throughout the trip...
My little Captain! This is by far my favorite picture from the whole trip.
He semi-liked the water... it was a little bit colder than what he's used to, so he only got up to his tummy, but he never cried or fussed, which was good. He LOVES water!
On the ride back I changed him into dry clothes... maybe that's why he loves the water... he knows that eventually he has to get NAKED, which is by far his most favorite thing. :)
As the boat would pick up speed, he'd turn his head into me and eventually fall asleep.... definitely one of MY favorite things!
Playing cards... he's already a pro. :)
Some of the kids: Haley, Conner, Kenzie, and Dax.
More swimming...
Rusty was especially obsessed with Tyler... it was so cute! Tyler was so good with him and helped me out A LOT with him, which was really nice. You're awesome, Ty!!
All in all it was a GREAT trip and I'm so thankful for the Mills' generosity for letting us go. Gary (the dad) would take me out wake boarding by myself a few times because I had to be with Rusty, which was SO NICE. They are an amazing family and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. I love you all and thanks for Powell last week! I'm looking forward to our trip in September!!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06




















3 comments:
I am SO jealous!! I have been dying to just find a pool lately, i would be in heaven if i could go to a lake!! :) cute pictures!! I wish I could go play ;P maybe they'll invite me after i have a kid! hhahaha....
Looks like a blast!
How fun!! Glad you guys enjoyed your vacation!
Post a Comment