We sat him in his bouncer and this is how he started out:
So eager to start!!! :)
"More, mom, MORE!!!"
"I'm not so sure about this anymore..."
I guess sticking his tongue out to taste it first was more enticing than just shoving it in his mouth!
"I still want more, but I'm not so sure why!"
I'm not quite sure that the "YUMMY" spoon sums up this first experience. Nonetheless, he still begged for more, so we gave it to him until he didn't want it anymore. Silly kid.
In the end, though, he looked pretty dang satisfied to me!
Here's a video of his first feeding... HILARIOUS! And yes, the movie, "Newsies", is playing in the background. :)
I keep forgetting to post this, as well:
We went in for his 4 month check-up last week and this kid, as if you couldn't see, is a big boy!
15 lb 15 oz (so basically 16 pounds) - 49th percentile
27 in - 95th percentile
He's a tall, skinny (kind of) kid-- just like his daddy. :)
Some of his favorites right now:
- Me, of course. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it when he smiles at me after he hasn't seen me in while.
- Kisses, especially in the morning. He'll let us kiss him all day and he loves it!
- His rattle. Whenever we rattle it in front of him, he gets a big smile on his face and starts wiggling around in excitement.
- Diaper changes. From day one he has LOVED getting his diaper changed. I can honestly say that he has never had a diaper rash. EVER. Whenever we lay him down on his changing table he goes ballistic! It's hilarious! (Maybe it's because he loves to be naked.)
- Bath time. Again, the whole naked thing comes to mind. :) For real, though, he loves the water and has always loved his bath time.
- Swimming- Like I said, he loves the water, and since it's summer we spend a lot of time at the pool.
- He likes being jostled, and by that I mean: being bounced on our bed, tossed in the air, tickled, and everything else you can think of (that's safe, of course).
- Peek-a-boo
- Solid foods (some of them, anyway).
Some of his not-so-favorites:
- Tummy time. At first he loves it, but he has such a big head (87th percentile) that I think he gets tired faster than most and is not a real fan of it.
- Car seat. I don't blame him after all of the road trips we've taken in the last two months. Poor kid.
- Loud noises. I think this is true for just about every kid, but my kid SCREAMS when there's an unfamiliar/loud noise. Sheesh! Sometimes it's kind of embarrassing because you would think he's dying! lol
Overall, he's a very happy, easy-going kid. He's one of the greatest joys of my life and we love having him in our family.












3 comments:
LOL oh I love the pictures. The first feeding is so fun. Their faces are priceless. Jonah is aware that he can spit now so you can imagine how fun that is while trying to feed him baby food. Its a mess but he has me laughing the entire time. I've always just made rice cereal with water, Mae and Jonah both have always loved it. Especially jonah, but really I haven't found a food he won't eat.
Looks like you guys are having all sorts of fun. I LOVE the updates on Rusty. He has grown SO much! Still can't get over those cheeks.
Hailey, oh how we miss you! Rusty really IS growing up, but we LOVE it! He's so much fun right now and I'm sure it only gets better. :) I miss you and your kiddos here, though! I'm sure they've gotten so much bigger, too! I can't wait to see you guys next month... we should have a big BBQ when you get back. Nothing like celebrating with food! ha ha! Miss you!
Haha we love reading your blog and seeing the pictures of Rusty. He is so cute! Glad you guys are doing so well!
Post a Comment