Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And Away We GO!!!

That's right! Rusty is finally walking at 11 1/2 months! 2 weeks before his 1st birthday and we couldn't be more proud! It's definitely one of those defining moments for first-time parents... we've been giddy and excited all night! Russ decided to stay home from school tonight, something that he never does, and I'm so glad he did! I'm so glad he didn't miss out on this!

Rusty has been taking a few steps here and there-- in between the couch and the coffee table, between the coffee table and his toys, between me and Russ, etc-- but tonight he surprised us by walking MUCH more than that. We were in his room playing and all of a sudden he just got up and walked! We were stunned and for the rest of the night we had him walking between the two of us... and he did more than that... he just walked EVERYWHERE! He'd follow me around, he'd walk to the TV and just stand there watching TV, and all without provocation. He's such a little genius. ;)

As I said before, Russ and I are such proud parents of this little boy and can't seem to stop being amazed at how quickly he's developing and growing. He continues to amaze us and is always just doing something new... all of a sudden... it's awesome! We sure LOVE our happy, spunky baby and can't get enough of him!



I just love how proud of himself he is! Just clapping away! ha ha! Gotta love him!

3 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

How fun! He looks so sturdy for a new walker, what a cutie pie.

Tenille Gates said...

That is awesome! Kids (especially our kids ;0) are SO amazing! And you thought he kept you on your toes BEFORE he was walking ;0)

Shay and Ashlee said...

OMG!! he is so cute!! wow i cant believe how big he is!! i also CANT BELIEVE I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN LIKE A YR..i've never even met rusty!! i hope to see you next week though!!! :)

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06