Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baby #2

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but with a very active 2-yr-old, being pregnant and tired, and all of the other things that keep my life busy, I just haven't had the energy (and, I credit this to pregnancy brain!) and I completely forget about posting anything on here! It's so much easier to post something quickly on Facebook than it is on here, but I feel like today I have the time and the interest, so here goes. :)

As many, if not all, of you know, I'm pregnant with baby #2 (I still get the occasional- "You're pregnant?!?!- yep, and I have been for the last 5 1/2 months!). We found out on April 30th that it's a little girl and I can't begin to tell you how excited we are! I wanted a boy first so badly and I got my wish, but now it's time for a girl. :)

Rusty is finally starting to understand that there's a baby in Mommy's tummy and it's so sweet/funny how he acknowledges it... he asks to see "Emmie" all the time and insists that I lift up my shirt so he can see my bare belly and he'll rub it, and kiss it, and say, "I love you, Emmie!"

SO. CUTE.

(I'll have to get a picture up of it sometime)

This pregnancy has been good to me. I was never really sick with Rusty, but from about weeks 6 to 12 were a little more rough. I guess it's being pregnant with a girl (or so I hear) that makes you more sick, but it was a blessing to have Russ home more often to help out with Rusty while I didn't have the energy or desire to get up and play with Rusty as much. It's been good for their relationship, though, so I don't feel too bad.

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow (Sunday) and the time has just flown by! I can't believe that she'll be here in less than 4 months now! I'm not going to lie... it's taking EVERY ounce of self-control to not go and buy all of the cute baby girl outfits and accessories I'm bombarded with almost every time I walk into a store! I love shopping for Rusty, almost as much as I love shopping for myself, so I can't even imagine the damage I'll do to our bank account ounce I start shopping for her! I can't believe how many more things there are for girls! SO FUN!!!

We're naming her Emmeline Jo. I've loved that name since the first time I heard it in a book 3 years ago and I love it still. This is what we would have named Rusty had he been a girl, so it's been our #1 favorite name for a girl for a while. Her middle name, Jo, is my middle name, as well as my mom's, and Emmie Jo is just too stinking cute together! And easy for Rusty to say. :)

Here's her first picture:

I love this little face so much already!

Russ says I'm crazy, but I seriously think she looks like Rusty in this ultrasound picture. The big head (thanks to my dad's side of the family), the small nub of a nose, the lips... everything! Call it a Mother's gift, but I swear she already looks like him. (Humor me.)

Can't wait until September!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Very cute name. Glad you are feeling well and that Rust y is excited for a sister.

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06