Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July in Washington

There's nothing like driving for 12 hours in a car with a 4 month old baby, your two teenage brothers who can't sit still, your sister (who's actually the BEST), and your sweet husband that just goes with the flow. I don't know what I'd do without him... he really is the best husband ever. He keeps me anchored and I keep things interesting. :) ha ha! ANYWAY, we went to visit my dad and Judith for the 4th, which was different because we usually spend it camping with some friends, but it was a good switch-up this year. I was hoping all of my siblings would be there, but Jeremy and his wife, Cassie, had to stay behind in UT to work, and my awesome brother Mitchell is off serving our country in the Navy. What a stud! We still had a blast, though, and love visiting the Evergreen state! Even though I don't call it "home" now, it will always hold a special place in my heart... despite the dreary weather and rain all the time.

Friday we just chilled and hung out at my dad's house, went to a movie, and came home and played games... a family favorite. We're all extremely competitive, so it's hilarious playing together. :)

My brother, Derek, came down from Bellingham, WA to be with us. It was his first time meeting the baby.

Playing games!! Our favorite...

...And apparently Rusty's new favorite thing, too!
Russ blamed Rusty for losing... probably in part to all of the slobber that he left on the cards. Poor Russ couldn't see what the cards were!

It looks like he's playing "Knock, Knock" here! ha ha!

"Ooo, Dad... this is a good hand!"

"Let me see... ahh! This one!"

"Suckers! Dad and I have a WAY better hand than you do!"

"Look at all of my winnings!"
"And I continue to win!" (Even though Dad isn't... it's so good being the baby!)

"Now it's time to help Mom win..."

"... Or just eat the cards... you know, whatever."

Do you SEE how much DROOL this kid has? It's never-ending! And this was his third bib of the day! Sheesh!

He'll put anything in his mouth. I think Derek's phone was especially yummy. Gross!
Thinking that it's so funny to stand up in front of everyone and laugh! (My hands are like that because I was tickling him... not because I was clawing him!) lol

On Saturday we went to the Pike Place Market, one of my favorite places to go in Seattle. They have tons of fresh seafood, my favorite, fresh produce, flowers, and some pretty interesting little shops. It was fun showing Russ this place, and even better that it was on a semi-nice day!

 Throwing the fish:

One UGLY, freaky fish!
Imagine greeting THIS monster while swimming... or reeling this bad boy in. Eww.

Our cute family... and some random black dude. :) He's really the one that makes this picture special. lol

My siblings:
Zach, Derek, Caitlin, Rusty, Colten, me, and Russ.

My brother Derek and I. I love when I get to see him, which isn't often enough!

The awesome Space Needle:

We had such a fun time and can't wait to go back! Hopefully next time we'll get to stay longer and get there and back on a plane. We pretty much spent two whole days just getting there and back... not fun, but definitely worth it. :)

3 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

long car rides are the WORST! but getting there is always the best. glad you had fun!

Alisa said...

Rusty is so cute!! I love his big eyes and all his little expressions! Looks like you guys had fun. You have such an adorable little family!

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Rusty holding the cards is SO CUTE!! It totally looks like he is playing and really into the game. I love it!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06