As some of you know, I'm the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society of my ward, and as such I'm in charge of directing the "Relief Society meetings", previously known as "Enrichment". Since Sister Beck's new counsel last year on these meetings, I've been completely STUCK! I don't fully understand how she wants us to formulate meetings that:
1. Increase faith and personal righteousness
2. Strengthen home and family
3. Seek out and help those in need,
along with making them important enough to take the sisters out of their homes. I think I've done a pretty good job molding the meetings this year thus far around this, but I need some more ideas.
What are some of the meetings that you've either experienced, have planned, or would love to see happen? I'd love to get some great ideas!!!
THANKS!!!!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06




3 comments:
I think you are doing a fantastic job! I wish I had more ideas but this is the first ward I've been in that held these meetings regularly.
http://www.sugardoodle.net/Home_Family_and_Personal_Enrichment/index.shtml
my sister just told me about one went to that sounded so fun! it was kindof a get-to-know-you of sorts all about your "purse"anality. i don't remember all they did but there were prizes (like on let's make a deal) for ladies being able to find random things in their purse, whose purse weighed the most/least who had the most/least items etc. you know a woman by what she has on her ALL THE TIME. i thought it was cute and fun - not sure if that fits within your guidelines so much but its an idea.
Post a Comment