Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I couldn't end this day without writing a short message about what I'm thankful for.

I'm SO thankful for my sweet, loving husband that I love more and more each day. He really is my soul mate, my best friend, and someone I enjoy spending my life with. He makes life so fun and so EASY! I can't imagine a life without him and I'm glad I don't have to because I get eternity with him. He's also such a great dad and I'm so thankful for how hands-on he is with our son. Seeing them together and seeing how much Russ loves Rusty makes me fall in love with him all over again. I can honestly say that he's the best man I've ever known and I am the luckiest girl in the world to be his wife. He's taught me how to truly love and how to be a better person. I love him with all of my heart.

I'm eternally grateful for my son, Rusty. We had to wait a little while for him to get here, but he is well worth every second! I love, love, LOVE being a mother, especially to this little boy, and he really does make my life so fun and full of happiness. I can't look at him without being amazed and awed at how perfect he is and so thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me to be his mother here on earth. He makes me laugh often, smile constantly, and my heart grows every time I kiss that sweet face of his or I see how happy and excited he gets when he sees me. It never ceases to amaze me how much he loves me unconditionally. He makes being a mom WONDERFUL and every day is an adventure that I can't wait to start.

I'm thankful for my parents. Even though they're divorced and we have such different relationships with each other, I'm grateful that I still HAVE a relationship with each of them. My dad always gives such great advice and I still, to this day, think he knows EVERYTHING!! (Because he does!) He's such a good listener, which I appreciate, and if I ever need help with something he jumps at the opportunity to help me. He's a quiet man, but when he does talk, it's all I need to hear. I'm also grateful for my mom- I'm so glad she lives only 12 minutes away (yes, I've timed it) and that she's able to be here to see her grandson grow up. I'm thankful for her wisdom and guidance and for always making me feel special. As the oldest in my family (7 kids), she's always put a lot of responsibility on me, but in return she's given me confidence, strength, and an appreciation for life that I wouldn't have without it.

I'm thankful for my siblings-- all 6 of them! Derek, Jeremy, Caitlin, Mitchell, Zachary, and Colten. As the oldest I have a special love for each of them. I get emotional just thinking about how much I love them! We've been through a lot, as a family, but we've come out stronger and closer and I'm so very thankful for that. I look at other families that don't have relationships with their siblings and it just makes me so sad to think what they're missing out on! I can't even imagine not having a relationship with ANY of my siblings! What an awful life! Sometimes I feel like the mother hen to them-- so protective, and a lot of times a little bossy, but it's just because I want what's best for them and because I love them so much. They're the greatest siblings in the world.

I'm thankful for my family-in-law. I don't say this to be cliche AT ALL, but I really couldn't ask for a better family-in-law! They're absolutely wonderful and I love each of them so much. Russ' parents are two of the best people you'll ever know... if you meet them you're instantly one of their best friends and they make you feel like you are! His mom makes friends EVERYWHERE she goes! She's always happy and friendly and completely genuine. One of a kind. If only I could be like her... :) His dad has always made me feel so loved and welcomed into their family. Russ is the only boy, so he and his dad have a very special relationship and I think it was imperative that Russ chose someone his family could love... even though I'm not perfect by ANY means, he's always made me feel like I am and that Russ and I are awesome together (I agree on that last part!). His mom always makes me feel that way, too, which I really do appreciate. And his 4 sisters!! I love them all to death!! I only have one sister, so I was thrilled to marry into this family and gain 4 more! And I couldn't ask for better ones! Honestly, this family is the nicest, most genuine family you will ever meet and I thank Heavenly Father for blessing me with a family-in-law like this.

I'm most thankful for the gospel. I can't even imagine a life without it! I'm thankful for the peace it brings, for the knowledge and promise of eternal families, for the guidance it gives me in my life, and for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The gospel is everything to me and I hope as I grow and mature that I'll be able to more fully share it with others... I want everyone to be as happy as me! I'm also grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve in the Relief Society. I have such a strong testimony of Relief Society and the power and strength that lies in the service and sisterhood of it. I love getting to know the sweet sisters in my ward and appreciate their example and testimonies.

I'm thankful for so many other things-- our home, Russ's job that enables me to be a stay-at-home mom, our friends and extended families, our country, and all of our worldly possessions. I have such a great life and just hope that I show my gratitude often, for I MUCH to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06