Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Turning 1 Is So Much Fun!!


Happy Birthday to my sweet 1 year old!

How time flies! It seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant and couldn't WAIT to have our little baby.

And then we had him and we couldn't believe that Heavenly Father had entrusted us to be the parents to such a perfect little angel.

He has grown up so much and he's turning out to be the sweetest, funniest, and most handsome baby EVER! 

My baby turned 1 last Tuesday, February 22. It was bittersweet for me... part of me was super excited that he was growing up and developing into such a cute boy and that I had been a parent for a whole year, but there was a part of me that was sad that a WHOLE YEAR had gone by and that he is no longer {technically} a baby, but a toddler. WhAt?!?! The joys of parenthood, I guess. Every parent goes through this, I suppose, but it doesn't make it any easier. :) 

However, as I've said many, many times before, I absolutely LOVE being a mom. Especially to this amazingly cute kid:
 
 I planned a party for him... and as we all know, the first party for any new parent is just that... a party for the new parent{s}, especially the mom. I had so much fun planning it and even more fun the day of. We had approximately 45 people there-- friends AND family-- so the party was a lot of fun! And the kid seriously got hooked up with presents... it's been like Christmas around here since Saturday and I'm sure that the excitement of all of his new toys will be around for a while still. Even I'm having fun playing with some of them! Kids' toys nowadays are so much cooler than the toys that I had growing up! :)

Anyway, here are a few pictures from his actual birthday:





 We got him a couch, and as you can see, he kind of loves it! It takes TV watching to a whole new level. :)

And here are some pictures from his {my} party:















For all of you first-time mothers, and mothers-to-be, out there, cherish the first year because it goes by so fast! I know the rest of his life will go by just as fast, but that first year is so precious and so much fun.

I love you, Rusty. With all of my heart.





5 comments:

The Spicers said...

What a cutie! He looks like he had almost as much fun as you did! ;) We gave Ty a monkey cake of his own to tear into on his birthday, that was my favorite part watching him be so excited to have his own cake. I'm sure Rusty did too!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday to the big boy!! He is so cute :)

Mallory said...

Holy cow you guys know how to throw a par-tay! He is so cute and you look amazing, as always. I feel like I've said that a lot, but it's because it's true.

I have a new blog now, by the way. It's mallory-wilson.blogspot.com.

Mallory said...

Oh Brie, thank you for your sweet, wonderful, thoughtful comment on my post! I stressed about what to write, and I'm so glad to have wonderful people like you reading and supporting! I'm so glad I know you. You are the best! And I want to see you! I live in Sandy. We should get together soon. Please!--my phone number is 801-573-3883 and my email is mallorywilson5@gmail.com. I don't have your number....so lets make this happen.

Shay and Ashlee said...

OMG he is darling!! Very cute pictures!! We still need to get together lets get a day that works for both of us and lets just plan it haha :) I can't believe he is 1 already wow time goes by FAST!

Still So In Love!!

Still So In Love!!
Est. 12.06.06